Monday, January 7, 2008

What's your problem, Taco Bell?

So I was at a nearby store, buying some CDs, when I got the crazy idea to go up to the Taco Bell down the road. With wallet in hand and my stomach screaming for it's daily 8000 calories, I was off. First thing I do when I open the door was step in a burrito wrapper that was on the floor. I figured I'd give the cleaning lady a break, and decided not to snap her neck after all. It's four in the afternoon, and no customers were inside. Alone, I made my way to the counter. I'd soon find out why the place was empty. "May I help you?" I heard in a squeaky and unenthused voice. I was greeted by a middle aged, obese, unshaven and greasy employee named Jeff. 

"Yeah, three bean burritos, two chalupas, a soft taco and a large coke", I replied. 
"Three bean burritos, a chalupa, a sof--"
"Two chalupas."
"So that's two bean--"
"Three"
"Four bean bur--"
"Three"
"Three bean burritos, two chalupas, a taco--"
"Soft taco."
"Soft taco, and a Large Pepsi?"
"Coke."
"Pepsi's all we have, sir." (A victorius smile crept across his doughey face, accentuating his neckrolls quite nicely.)
"I'll take the Pepsi then." (Oh, it was on, now.)

Legend: Purple = Douche

I then watch him count fingers and toes to make change for a twenty, then I check my receipt to be sure he got it right. Now I'm not unreasonable, I give credit when credit is due, and gosh darn it, this man deserves some credit. It only took him four tries to get my order right, and that has to be a record fast for him. My food is delivered to me by his equally greasy, and middle-eastern cohort he called Marvin. "Marvin?" Who names their kid Marvin? Especially if you're Middle-Eastern. What happened to the cool names, like Baaklashza? >_> After stifling my laughter at his ridiculous name, I started checking to make sure my food is there, I get four bean burritos, two meximelts (WTF??), a soft taco, two chalupas and a large Pepsi. Looking back at my receipt, I paid for what I ordered, and got three items free. Go back you say? Why? So I can have them fix my order, and replace the extra food with a used condom and a Cabbage Patch Doll? Screw that.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got to say, one hilarious story. Fast food places always get things wrong. Especially overweight middle aged men with fat fingers that name there kid Marvin. I blame the whale blubber on his short and stubby fingers for your order mistake.

January 7, 2008 at 4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, AIDS.

January 7, 2008 at 4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home